Keeping students healthy from preschool to PhD.
From local preschools, where infections like Norovirus, Hand Foot and Mouth Disease, and Flu can run rampant to college campuses where meningitis, MRSA, and others are a real risk, schools are under pressure to do more to promote a healthy environment. Student absenteeism can negatively impact the students’ as well as school’s performance, and, in some cases, is a threat to state funding. Employee absences come with significant costs. The problems are real and on the rise:
- Nearly 32 million school days were missed in the 2010 flu season, according to a Walgreens survey1
- More germs are found on an average classroom water fountain spigot than then on a toilet seat
- Certain commonly used disinfectants and sanitizers can trigger asthma, allergies, and other respiratory problems
Preventing outbreaks, controlling infections.
EarthSafe’s EvaClean System is an end to end solution for infection prevention. Disinfecting and sanitizing has never been more affordable or effective than with PURTABS, and the vastly enhanced coverage of the Protexus Electrostatic Sprayers. By using safer, more environmentally friendly, and easy to use solutions than traditional infection control programs, it delivers superior performance:
- Provides immediate infection control in outbreak situations
- Delivers results up to 3X greater than traditional disinfecting and sanitizing equipment in less time
- Works in classrooms, hallways, gyms, auditoriums, school buses, dormitories, lecture halls, and more
- Is easy-to-use and affordable as part of daily preventive protocols
EvaClean at Work in Educational Settings
The Goddard School
The Goddard School had been having an issue with keeping infections under control in a particular toddler classroom. One of the toddlers was very susceptible to infections and frequently fell ill. This resulted in other children getting sick and increased the absenteeism rate in the school for both children and staff.
In an effort to contain outbreaks, The Goddard School turned to EarthSafe. The team developed a proactive, daily sanitizing system and protocols for outbreak control that the school could implement effectively and efficiently. The school’s owner and director established routine sanitizing of areas where it had been difficult, if not impossible, to sanitize before. This included cubbies, mats and cots, rugs, soft surfaces, blocks, books, strollers and cribs, in addition to high-touch areas such as door knobs, light switches, chairs, tables, railings, and offices. Within two months of using the system, the owner noted a significant decline in outbreaks in the school. In addition, the child who had been very susceptible to illnesses throughout the year, had not been sick. The Goddard School continues to see a decline in outbreaks and absenteeism from the previous year.